Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Potty, Words, Hospital, Couponing, & More

I feel like I don't even have time to blog anymore.  Goodness... I don't even have time to breath anymore.

We've unofficially started potty training Ryder.  We spend over an hour more in the bathroom every day now.  It seems to be working.  He went potty on the "big boy potty" the very first time I sat him up there, and he really does like to sit there.  All in all things seem to be going well.


He's also started talking more.  The boy never went through the stage of saying one word... he went straight to multiple word phrases.  He now says "One more", "Oh Toodles" (from his favorite show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), and occasionally I can get him to say "I love you momma".  He also says 'More' and 'apple' as well.  More words are coming every day, and at this rate... I won't be able to get him to stop talking in a month from now.  He makes us so proud.


Wy is doing all sorts of new tricks as well. He's started crawling instead of scooting, and he pulls himself up on things and stands.  His new thing is to pull himself up on the side of his bassinet and stand there and stare at me when I wake up.  As of this moment he is standing in there laughing at me.  I'm not sure what he thinks is funny but its such a joy to hear.  


He's turning into such a little man.  He looks so much like Shane.


Ryder was sharing his lunch.  Wyatt has turned into a little vacuum.  Anything on the floor gets put in his mouth. 



A rainbow over town the other night.  It was so bold and beautiful I felt like I should reach out and touch it.  And then the sunset at the end of our road as I was driving home the same night.  How beautiful is that?  There is one reason I love living here.  

Had to make trips to the city last week.  The city is definitely not the place for me.  I dealt with it, did what I had to do, but I felt very out of place and couldn't believe some of the things there.  I suppose I should have been wearing overalls and driving a big green tractor because of how out of place I felt there.  

My mother is finally out of the hospital and doing better.  That means no more crazy two hour trips to the city.  It wore me out.  It's taken me something like three days to finally get feeling more like myself.  I couldn't keep my eyes open and everything the boys did was too much for me to handle.  Not to mention that I was so worn out that I'm now coming down with a cold after just getting over being sick.  I'm glad its over, back on with real life... chasing after crazy boys.


Coupon King in training.  

I love my boys.


Coupons are awesome.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by them recently because I've fallen so far behind but I can do amazing things for my family with them.  I thank God every day for this gift.  At Kroger they had Special K2O water mixes on manager special for $1.09.  I had a coupon for $1.50/2.  I picked up 8 boxes and only paid $2.72 for all of them.  

At Walmart this week they are running a special for One Step Toilet bowl cleaners.  Under $4.00 for one and I had a $4 off coupon for them which made them completely free.  I ended up getting 5 because that is all the store had available.  I plan on picking up another 4 before the week is out.  

My next cooking adventure.  Chocolate Coke Cake.  I've heard of it before but never made it.  It looks delicious and I've been craving something sweet recently.  This looks perfect. 


Please vote for my guys.  They will give you drool covered baby kisses if you do!
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!



No comments:

Post a Comment