Thursday, October 20, 2011

Handprint Ornaments

Today I figured with our free afternoon (since playgroup got canceled), we would try out some handprint ornaments that I found on Pinterest.

Now, ours didn't turn out quite as precious as hers did, but I'm still pleased that it took up an hour before naptime and gave little Ryder an art project.

If you decide to do this, make sure you keep lots of extra flour on hand because it can get sticky! ... and messy.

Then, when we were finished making our mess, we baked them, let them cool, and pulled out the paints so Ryder could paint his hand.

I put a ribbon through them, sewed on a button, and then hung them on the wall.  I plan on making more of these around Christmas time to pass around to all the grandmas and grandpas.

All in all it was a great afternoon art project for my little man, and a nice addition to my wall collage.


No comments:

Post a Comment