Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Glad it happened yesterday...

Yesterday was just one of those days that you wish you could skip.

I had a large stack of money sitting in my car and when I went to step out, it all blew away in the wind.  We are talking hundreds of dollars here, blowing all over a busy parking lot.  I ran down the middle of the highway picking up bills as I went trying to collect it all.  I ended up getting all but five dollars.  Not bad if you ask me.  I coughed and hacked and felt like I was having a heart attack for the next hour though.  Put a treadmill in front of me and I'm great, but don't make me run down the middle of a car filled highway like a crazy person picking up money... I'm not built for it!

Ryder counted to three for the first time yesterday.  I've been in the habit since he was just a wee baby to count  when I put his clothes on him or his shoes.  We were putting pajamas on last night and he counted one... two... three... for me as I put his feet and arms in.  I was very impressed with him!

Got some pretty good deals on some nursery items yesterday though.

I picked up a woodlands decal set for the wall at Goodwill for $2.49.  Goodwill has become one of my favorite stores for great deals.  So many things to get creative with!


The story behind the nursery - We have been in this house since Ryder was 6 months old.  I had the room painted a light green because we weren't sure the sex of our little Wyatt at the time, and that was it.  I never really did anything after that.  Ryder still sleeps in there for at least a few more weeks and then it will be little Wy's. Eventually the room will be an office/hallway to the addition we plan on putting in, but until then, I figured the room needed a little bit of character.  
I think I've got a pretty good start at least.

I also went and got a basket at Big Lots on clearance for $5.00 down from $14.00.  Score for me.  I've been looking for a place to put all of my little guys books that he has been collecting.  Reading is one of his favorite things and now all of his books and neat and easy for him to get!


I also went to the local grocery store to do some coupon shopping today.  I won't break it all down for you, but I ended up getting around $70 worth of groceries for $18.00.  Again, not bad!  The cough drops were $.25 cents a bag.  Those were a score because when a sore throat his this house, we go through TONS of drops!  The soda was $.11 cents a bottle plus deposit.  The cat litter was $.89 cents and the Tai Pei Entrees (which are delicious!) were $.50 a box.  I love getting cheap food!


It was just a small trip this time, Ryder decided that he didn't want to take a nap today and was an absolute disaster in the store.  

A few futures posts to look forward to...

Review of my favorite Blogs and A how-to Household Management Book (I call it my Mom Book)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!




No comments:

Post a Comment