Sunday, August 28, 2011

Once was too much, but I still get twice

Hello old friend.  I seem to have taken a blog-cation.  It was nice... kind of. 

I have been so busy.  I don't think a minute has gone by where I haven't been on the phone with an insurance adjuster, rental car agent, builders, auto body repair, out cleaning up the mess in the garage, organizing and making lists of damaged items, repairing my garage and yard, cleaning up the neighbors yard, and in my spare time when I can finally sit... I spend that time worrying about all of the above listed things.

Crazy week.

I came home thursday at approximately 4 in the afternoon to three cars parked in front of my house, a cop car, a tractor, my even more damaged yard, and a VERY damaged black truck.  After giving the officer my information he tells me that three teenagers lost control on the turn, (the same one the drunk driver did) went through my yard, ran over my pine tree, and then rolled the truck multiple times landing in the neighbors yard.  Two of the kids went to the hospital by ambulance (which explains the blood all over my sidewalk) and the driver looked pale as a ghost and glassy eyed.  I spoke to the parents, telling them how sorry I was and informing them that I'm doing everything possible to get a sign put on that turn that screams 'SLOW DOWN!'.  They were rude and made it very obvious that I wasn't welcome. 

The trucks window broke out in the neighbors grass and the mirror busted all over his driveway.  The kids came back the next day and didn't even bother to clean it up, much less offer to fix the hundreds of dollars of damaged that they did to my yard. 

I'm really just glad they are alright.  It scared me though, two accidents in my yard in a week.  What if Ryder was playing there when it happened?  Do I really still want to let my kids play in that part of the yard?  And what are the chances of another accident happening there?  You would think the possibilty of just one accident there is pretty slim, must less two pretty severe accidents.  I think I would call driving through a garage 150 feet away from the road pretty severe. 








On a better note, my garage is fixed.  My car will be soon... hopefully... although I suppose he can take as long as he wants, I'm reaaaalllly enjoying the jeep. 

Ryder fell off the rocking chair this week too.  Bruises on his chin, his teeth went through his tongue and he split the inside of his lip.  I suppose I'm up for mom-of-the-year award again.  I'm going to have a whole collection of them by the time my kids are old enough to drive. 

To top it all off... Ryder also has pink eye.  Drops to each eye three times a day.  He sees the drop bottle and squeezes his eyes closed very tight.  He's too cute.



He LOVES these cars.  He SCREAMED his head off when we had to take him out, then last night he saw one in the parking lot and almost climbed out of the cart to get to it while screaming and pointing.  He knows what he wants. 

Note to grocery stores: Carry more than one or two carts with cars on them.

I'm off the the grocery store tomorrow at 6am.  I'm determined to get the best deals.  There is SO many things free this week I'm not sure what to do with myself.  I'm going to spend hours tonight cutting coupons and making lists, planning out my every purchase.  Practicing my math skills.  This will be the most extreme I've gotten while couponing.  It makes it worth it when I imagine all the people I can help... and how pretty it will all look sitting on my shelves.

I pray it all works out... its stressful driving that far and going through so much hassle for it not to work out. 





Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment