Friday, August 12, 2011

Milestones

I know I promised a novel tonight, but to be completely honest... I'm too tired to type it.

We did do a very good thing.  We had one of those "get things done" days.  Cleaned the garage, list of normal household chores, hung pictures, cleaned the yard... and we converted the crib to a toddler bed.

Ryder got to help.

He was so excited to be able to climb in and out of his bed.

I am so excited to have a boy that will soon be out of the crib and into a real bed.

At bed time, we did our routine then I walked him into his room holding his hand.  I asked him to climb into his big boy bed, he laid down on his pillow, I covered him up, turned on his dog, told him how much I loved him, kissed his cheek, shut off the light and left the room shutting the door behind me.

Silence.

More silence.

No pounding on the door.

No yelling, crying, talking to himself, or yelling for momma.

No sounds coming from toys.

Silence.

He went to sleep... without getting up.

I'm so proud of him.




If you think my boy did an amazing job then click away!
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment