Monday, August 8, 2011

Adventures in Motherhood

Sunday

This morning was an adventure, the kind that all mothers will have at least once.  I was getting ready to walk out the door, diaper bag was packed, Wy was in his seat, I had my wallet, keys, lunch... I stopped to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything, gave Shane a kiss, and then I looked down.  Ryder was there to say goodbye to me... how sweet!

Except for the fact that he was covered in an unidentified brown substance that was spread in little finger shaped spots from his belly all the way up to his neck and all over his arms and was that his... yes... his finger... it was in his mouth.

And he smelled.

Jaw Drop.

He has gotten into the habbit of putting his hands in his diaper and feeling around in there, I suppose this time he must have found a surprise.

I dropped everything, (not the baby, him I sat down carefully) grabbed his little arms, being careful of course to place my hands in between the little finger poo smears, and walked him into the bathroom grabbing a diaper and wipes on the way.  I laid him down, grabbed the first wipe, cleaned his stomach, arms, hands, legs, face... then, like most mothers would... i took a sniff to confirm that he actually had smeared poop all over his little body.

Chocolate. (sigh of relief)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment