Saturday, August 20, 2011

Drunk Driving in the Garage

I'm a little uninspired for words on this one.  You would think that it would be the opposite but lack of sleep and stress has my brain fried.

I stayed up late last night.  My head hit the pillow at around 1:30am and I was awaken at 2:00 by the loudest, scariest sounding crashing noises I've ever heard.  They shook the house, one and then another seconds later.  Both Shane and I immediately thought that the tree in our back yard had fallen on the house.  (we have been told by a gentleman from a tree service that there is a large risk of this happening)  Yes, the noise was that loud.  Shane ran out into the garage and opening the door, I followed cell phone in hand already dialing 911 before I even really knew what was going on.

A kid... I'm really hoping he was at least 21, was drunk...very drunk... lost control on the curb before my house, traveled his little car all the way through my side yard, smashed into Shane's truck going at speeds of at least 60mph, and went through the garage.  Of course I had chosen this night to actually park in the garage and his little car pushed the whole entire garage wall along with the whole contents of the left side of the garage right into my car.

He was scared.  He was so drunk that he actually begged Shane not to call the police, even stating at one point that he himself would fix our garage.  When Shane came over to talk to me for a bit, the kids took off running through the backyard, hiding their beer cooler behind my house as if we wouldn't notice.  Since they left, the police won't get them for drunk driving, but they will get the driver for hit and run.  And the poor kid already is going to court this next week for drugs.  I pray that he straightens his life up.

The damage on the truck is bad.  Not as bad as it could have been, but the bumper, grill, left light and front side panel are done for.  The garage has a car sized hole in the wall, and my car... well it's still covered in every tool Shane owns.  We are waiting until the insurance adjuster can come out before we do an evaluation of the damage to that.  I'm a  little scared to see it.

We also have to do an evaluation to the damage of the contents of the garage.  Until then, I won't have a car... again.

The thing that scares me the most... minutes before I had gone and gotten Ryder to lay him next to me in bed. Wyatt was in his bassinet on the other side of me.  If he would have turned the wheel even a little bit to the right then his car would have not hit Shane's truck and traveled right through my bedroom wall hitting both me and the boys.  Thinking about that makes me a little sick to my stomach.  My life would be over if anything ever happened to my boys.  Thank you God for everyone keeping their lives in this terrible mess.















Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment