Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday with another name wouldnt be as sweet

It rained today.  One of those types of rains where it comes down like a curtain.  It was sudden and the sun was still shining.  I grabbed my boys and ran outside.  I stood letting the cold raindrops soak my clothes and hair and just enjoyed myself.  A sort of freedom. Ryder stood on the bottom step sippy in hand looking down so that the rain didn't hit his face.  Trevor stood on the porch. He's not a very adventurous boy.  I had to dare him to run to the tree and back just to get him out in it and even then there was no enjoyment.  I need to teach him to enjoy the small things. 

Mr thunder ruined our fun.  Ryder kicked and screamed his way inside, he enjoyed it so much. 

I hope to do many more things like that with my boys.

The carnival is in town.  Lots of events and fun things to do.  Tomorrow its only 10 dollars per person to get in but poor WY is still very sick so we are skipping it this year.  Its a mile from our house so there will be many more years to come where my boys will be old enough to get real enjoyment out of it.  A part of me is sad.  The child in me was excited about the colors and music and activities and the food and the photographer in me is really down about missing out on the photos but I know it's best.

Poor Wyatt.  He can't even cry anymore.  It's a small little whine and its filled with pain.

Lord, heal my little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment