Friday, August 5, 2011

Taking advantage of the small things

I've been having pain in my chest for three days now.  It feels as if someone is punching me in the middle of my chest.  My doctor advised going straight to the ER but its not an easy task with three boys and a husband that works full time.  I'm not really in the mood to go at night either, instead of sleeping I would be bouncing back and forth for all kinds of tests that I've already been through and missing out on cuddling my boys.

It's got me thinking about things though.  My boys are the best thing that I've ever done and I really don't want to spend another second wasting any time that I might have with them.

Yesterday on the way home from dropping off the old cable boxes, we stopped off for ice cream cones.  Ryder nibbled his down as it melted streams down his arm onto his lap.  Trevor devoured his and Wyatt sat watching like it was the most interesting thing he has ever seen.

After that I put Ryder's harness on him and we went outside to play.  Until we get a fence up we will have to settle for walking him like a little dog because cars go so fast on this road.

He loves being outside.  He ran and played in the dirt.  He picked flowers and pulled them apart and threw grass everywhere.  He stopped to point and scream at every car that went by.  He must have done three laps around the yard like this, loving every second.

And I loved watching him.

My goal, try a lot harder to spend special time with each of my boys every day, and not let little things like dishes in the sink or clothes to be folded get in the way.  I don't want to take advantage of a second longer that I have with them.

Just in case I might not have another second.

To all of those of you who have been married for a long time... how do you put aside your troubles instead of using your spouse to vent on?  It seems like that is all I do any more, complain to Shane about this or that going wrong.  I can tell its trying on him, but I don't have anyone else.  How can I change?



Could you spare a click?
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment