Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving on a budget

Kroger has some really great sales for their Mega 10 events.  They are something to watch for when you are a couponer because some of the prices are worth stocking up on.  This week, I went to the store with Thanksgiving in mind in hopes that I could get a good start on our thanksgiving meal (plus some) for a price anyone can afford.


I was able to get 4 jars of gravy, 11 cans of veggies, 8 cans of cooking soup, 5 cans of chicken broth, 4 cans of cranberry, 5 boxes of stuffing, 3 boxes of hot chocolate, and 8 packages of breath right nasal strips today for only $15.60 after sales and coupons.  My beginning total was over $70.00.  Thanks enough food to get a good start on thanksgiving sides for three families all for less than the cost that it would cost one family.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome job. I am a new follower via gfc from favorite things blog hop. Please check me out and follow back.

    http://mischievousmonkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did a great job!!! I am so bad at getting any deals. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job with your savings! I love it when you get a bunch for a little!

    Keep it up.

    Following you on GFC.

    Regina, The Crazy Nuts Mom

    ReplyDelete