Friday, November 25, 2011

Stovetop Stuffing deal

I went out searching for deals again today.  Just to Kroger, after my adventure last night I was way too tired to brave the bigger better sales.

My first stop when I go to Kroger is always the manager special carts.  The deals there paired with coupons can lead to free items 80% of the time.  There was a gentleman there buying some things for his wife and him off the cart.  Nosy as I am I watched as he placed the items in his cart.  I have the manager special shelf memorized so I knew exactly what he was putting in.  I immediately pulled out my coupon book and handing him the coupons I had for the items he was purchases.  He was thrilled to be able to save a dollar on all of his purchases, and him and I spent 10 minutes talking about all the wonderful deals there were in the store, and where to watch out for the best ones.  It makes me smile that saving money really is a universal language.  Then I left four coupons on the shelf above some boxes of hair dye.  After the coupons, whoever found my special present first was going to walk out of the store with hair dye for $1.99 a box.

On to the good stuff... there were bottles of Herbal Essences conditioner there marked on manager special down to $1.39. I had a stack of dollar off coupons (which don't double at this store) which made each bottle .39 cents each.  Not as good as free but I'd rather pay the .39 cents then full price, plus they might make a good addition to the gift baskets I'm making for all of the family members this year for Christmas.  What better Christmas present is there than not to have to purchase shampoo and other household items for a month?

And, my favorite deal of the week is on Stovetop Stuffing.  I've been stocking up on it the last week because the deals have been so great, but today I found the best one.  There is a pealing pad above the stovetop this week that reads "buy 4 get one free".  Kmart has a coupon book out that include a manufacturers coupon for .50 cents off two boxes.  Kroger currently has it on sale for $1.25 a box, and has a catalina deal where you get $1.50 off your next purchase when you buy five boxes.

I bought five boxes at $1.25 each.  I used two .50/2 which doubled to $1/2.  Then I used the Get One Free coupon, and after paying I received a catalina for $1.50 off.  In the end I paid .30 cents a box for stuffing.  Makes a great addition to family meals, and it's an all time favorite comfort food here.

Hope I was able to help.  What kind of deals did you find this week?

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment