Thursday, May 23, 2013

"...Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream" ― Kahlil Gibran

Yesterday.

I really need to take more minutes to update about my days.  One day I will look back on all of this and wish that I had kept better track of how amazing these days are watching my little men grow up.  All the crazy things they say and do should be recorded for them to enjoy and their wives and children.

Note to self:  PLEASE write more.

Yesterday I had some errands to run and across from one of the buildings I had to go into was a toddler sized park.  They boys have been cooped up for so long that it was the perfect treat for them.  Wyatt climbed all the way up a set of bars and climbed down counting as he went.  When he got to the bottom he threw his hands in the air and yelled "Hooray!!"  That little boy has so much personality.  Never lose it little man, its one of your best qualities.


Ryder came up to me the other day and said "Momma, look at my funny face."


Priceless.

I finally after three years of living here broke down and bought myself a baby gate for across my kitchen.  And it couldn't have come at a better time.  Ryder is so adventurous and likes to "cook dinner" (his words).  And Wyatt's middle name should have been mess.  This keeps them in the kitchen at mealtime and out of the kitchen all the rest of the time.  It's seriously about the best thing I've ever bought.  Makes life as 'momma' much easier!  

And it's pretty.


Wyatt decided the jump on the potty training band wagon.  Ryder isn't all that enthusiastic about the whole process.  He politely tells me "No Thank You" every time I ask him if he has to go potty.  If I push a little harder he will go in there and sit down on the potty and tell me "No potty in there, Momma".  Wyatt runs in there when I ask him and whips off his diaper.  Plops himself down on the potty (with help of course) and sits there and continuously wipes himself with a square of toilet paper.  You know, I'll take what I can get.  Then we get down, throw a miniature party over the fact that he 'went potty' and go about our day.  


Another note to self:  Show Wyatt's future wife that photo. 

There so much more to say, so much more that has happened.  It's so late now and I'm so exhausted from all the chaos each day holds, I think I'll say goodnight before strange things start coming out of my mouth... or my fingers.... or... well you get the idea. 




No comments:

Post a Comment