Thursday, May 23, 2013

Goodnight to one adventure

Today was an adventure, as it every day with boys.  I sit in bed tonight writing this thinking about how perfect my life feels.  Like I've finally found my place and I'm happy.  Happier than I've ever been.  My husband makes me happy and my kids make me happy.  My full time job taking care of them all makes me happy too.

Did I just admit that?


Back to the adventure part.  This morning Ryder woke up so cranky.  Crying and whining over everything.  And it seemed like there wasn't enough minutes in the morning to get everything done.  He was sitting at the kitchen table fighting with his breakfast wearing only his diaper.  Makes much more sense to get him dressed after he eats than before.  Less changes of clothes for the day that way.  Miss Becky got here and he refused to leave the kitchen in just his diaper.  When did my three year old learn modesty?  He just stood there with his hands over his eyes grinning like he was embarrassed until I got him dressed.  Then he was all ready to play!

Nap time rolled around.  I put Wyatt down first like always then got Ryder in bed and Sawyer sleeping and laid down myself.  This mom stuff gets tiring.  Wyatt usually is asleep almost immediately but today he played in his room for over an hour before he fell asleep.  Ryder woke up, Wyatt woke up minutes after.  I opened Wy's door and he was standing in front of me with his pants off, shirt over his head but still on his arms, and diaper on the floor.  There was poop everywhere.  He had been playing in it.  I took him out and cleaned him up with a wipe.  Cleaned his room up.  Then asked if he wanted a bath.  No.  He refused but Ryder wanted a shower.  So into the shower I take Ryder.  As the water is warming up for him I go back out to finish with Wyatt.  Check cleaning poop off my list of chores for the day.  Go back in to get Ryder into the water and he was all excited.  "Momma!  Me potty in there!"  And he ran to the toilet to show me the pee that was in the bowl.  I was so excited!  My little man used the toilet all on his own!  Then I saw the floor.  He made the toilet a little bit and the rest was in a puddle in front of the toilet.  So I suppose I can check cleaning pee off the floor off my chore list for the day too.

Like I said... adventures.


My boys really are the most amazing little men.  They make me so happy and so crazy both at the same time, that's pretty talented of them if you ask me.

Now it is bedtime.  Ryder has made me sing "Twinkle Star" to him at least twice before he goes to bed every night for the past two months.  I've sang it so much that even with his speech delay he can sing the song almost perfectly all on his own.  Earlier today I caught him singing the "abc" song to himself too.

Note to self:  Sing more.

So now we say goodnight to this adventure and await the new one that is tomorrow.

Goodnight moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment