Saturday, September 10, 2011

Life has been busy recently.  Blogging seems to be the last thing in the very back of my mind.  Coming after dirty diapers, house painting, two-year-old-fits, benefit dinner, landscaping, starting solid foods, house cleaning,  and a beefed up high iron diet.

I never told you about my exciting two-week shopping spree.  The local store was having its Proctor and Gamble Mega Sale.  Buy 4 P&G items, receive $4.00 off at the register.  With a store that doubles $1 coupons, it made 99% of my shopping cart free.  I went 4 times.  I stocked up on things like Gillette body wash, 3 different kinds of deodorant, dawn dish soap, floss picks, Scope mouthwash, Crest toothpaste, Aussie Shampoo and conditioner, Febreze Set and Refresh, Febreze Air freshener, and more!  The only thing I paid anything for was the shampoo.  I got around $700 worth of items for $25.  Not bad right?

Now you tell me... could you ever pay full price for anything again after doing that?

I want to teach the world.  I've been greatly considering starting a class at the church.  There are so many people out there that don't have the money to buy these items, or they do without something so that they can buy something else.  Believe me, I've been there.  You wouldn't believe some of the things that are sacrificed if you really need diapers.

I've been given a gift, and I want to share.

Ryder is currently trying to figure out how to get his oreo (I needed comfort food) into his cup of milk.  The lid seems like just a temporary blockade.

I went to Walmart the other day.  They now give cash back if you have an overage after coupons.  I purchased 6 Air Freshener warmers, and 4 trial size Cascade packages.  I walked out of the store with $7.46 in my pocket that they paid me.  It went right into the gas tank.  Since they had been so nice to give me that money, I used their gas station.








I now have a fenced in yard.  It brings me such joy to sit outside and watch Ryder run and play with the knowledge that he doesn't have access to run near the road now.  And thanks to my wonderful husband and his brother, I now have a beautiful patio to sit on while I watch them.  They did an amazing job of it too.  It's more than I ever expected, and I've been dreaming of a deck since we moved in here.  

Life is good.  Times are hard, there are problems to solve and messes to clean up, emotions to mask and deal with later, people to forgive and insults to forget, but life is good and I'm happy. 

And babies to comfort.



No comments:

Post a Comment