Thursday, September 22, 2011

Couponing and Transformations

As I've said a thousand times, couponing has now become a lifestyle.  It's literally become a normal part of every day, like brushing your teeth.  Paying full price for something is out of the question, and in the case where I absolutely HAVE to pay full price... I cringe.

This week I was able to get right around 12 bags of cat treats, 4 packages of Shick disposable razors, 3 travel size connect 4 games, and some Toy Story 3 Operation games for whatever tax was on all those items.  I didn't pay a dime to the store itself.

I've starting stocking up for Christmas.  If I'm able to find this many deals on toys all season, then couponing may very well pay for my Christmas this year too!  Of course, I'm going to apologize now if instead of getting a basket full of chocolates, cookies, cakes and other Christmas treats, you're probably going to get a basket full of body wash, toothpaste, and air freshener.

Ryder is transforming again.  It's a funny word to use when describing a toddler, but it really is as if a transformation is going on right in front of my face.  He's at the stage where everything changes very quickly.  He has finally... yes, finally... started to talk.  I can see the concentration in his face when he watches us speak, and if I say something enough, he will try to copy it.  He now says 'more' and 'one more' many times on a daily basis, and we're almost getting him to say 'drink'.  He amazes us.


We also cannot take our eyes off him.  Ryder decided this morning that Wy needed to wear a hat.  He gets into more trouble than I can keep up with, but I'm loving every second of it. 


My baby isn't really a baby anymore either.  He eats baby food, he crawls around the floor like a pro, and hes starting to sit up.  I'm beginning to get the itch for a little warm bundle to cuddle again.  

Ryder just took the lid off his sippy cup, went running for the kitchen, got up on the counter and poured what was left of Wy's water into his cup, and then put the lid bad on.  (and now he's filling it with what was left of his blueberries from lunch.)


My favorite coupon find recently... while not free, still an awesome deal.  Huggies diapers, only $2.99 for a package.  You can see how a momma with two in diapers would love this deal!  I get the name brand good diapers for cheaper than the store brand!


I have a small sense of accomplishment for that.  It wasn't there a week ago.  After the first accident I was on the phone with the local road commission asking that they put a sign up on that corner.  When the second accident happened I was on the phone with the same gentleman politely demanding that something be done there.  He made me aware that he agrees with me, it probably won't do any good with teenagers and drunk drivers anyway because they don't pay attention to signs, and that it would probably take months for anything to happen because the township has to pay for it.  Within two weeks of that second call they were out putting the signs up.  I wanted something more like "35mph recommended" or "SLOW"  but anything is better than nothing.  Maybe it will save someone's life... and my garage.

I had no idea that being a mother would be so rewarding.  Three years ago I spent almost every night crying myself to sleep hopeless of every having any children.  God has blessed me in the biggest way with my boys.  They are about as special as any little boys could be.  Even when their faces are smudged with leftover lunch and there is lines of snot running down their nose like the little man that is standing there looking at me now.

Off to wash faces.

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment