Monday, July 11, 2011

Today in Extreme Couponing

I've come to realize that the local grocery store releases the Sunday paper at around 7 Saturday night.  I make my trip up there and get a thrill out of getting a peak at what's to come in the couponing world before a few other people.

This week... free Noxema 4 pack disposable razors and free 6oz Colgate toothpaste.

I purchased the last 4 razors on the shelf sunday morning, and then realized that there were 4 more coupons in the back of them, so in the long run, I actually made $8.00 on that purchase.  I went back and purchased 4 more that they had today, and then waited on the shipment all day.  Since no more came in, and the other local store has already been wiped out, I figured out a trick.  I'm bringing the sales ad and my coupons up to the local Walmart tomorrow.  They will honor the ad and I will still get my last two packs of free razors.

As far as the toothpaste goes, I went to the local grocery store at 8 this morning and hunted everywhere for this "$.99 cent" toothpaste.  After I couldn't find it, I was sure that the store had played a trick on me and it was a different price.  I went home, looked in the ad, then made a mad dash back to the store realizing that there really was toothpaste for $.99 cents.  After getting three of the sales ladies to help me find it, I was able to purchase 11 boxes.  I would have had more, but about two weeks ago I cut out all of my dollar off Colgate coupons and misplaced them.

You can imagine how ridiculous I feel now.

There are free things available to everyone every single week, you just have to do a little work to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment