Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A little serious?

No one ever mentions to a huge ready to pop Momma-to-be that she's about to be in for the ride of her life.  From "up-all-night-can't-figure-out-what-he-wants-screams" to "How did he get into that?" and "Didn't I just clean that up?".  Or what about the famous Momma is the only one crying for the first day of school routine.  Being a mom is a journey, full of many paths that turn and weave.  

I wouldn't trade it for the world.


Trevor attempted to shove Ryder's little fingers into the air conditioner the other night.  I still cannot figure out what was going through his head while he did it, but I'm sure I don't want to know.  I keep thinking about what life would be like today if his chunky little boy fingers would have actually been hurt somehow.  I thank God that this is another instance in which things turned out a lot better than they could have.

In my mind I'm thinking about how terrible I am to let these things happen to my boys.  What kind of mother am I to look away for the few seconds it would take for Trevor to shove Ryder's fingers into the air conditioner?  Then I realize that not one of us is perfect, and every mother out there is on the same crazy, stressful, wonderful, full of love and baby kisses journey that I'm on and it probably happens to everyone. 

I hope.

Taking this couponing deal to the extreme.  Covergirl is having a sale on eye shadow right now.  With the coupons that I have it will allow me to get 4 eye shadows for $.55 cents each.  What a wonderful deal.

Ryder's brain is working so hard recently.  I can sit and watch him figure stuff out all day long.  He has mastered the 'more' symbol for sign language.  I actually taught him the one for 'again' on accident, but we use it for 'more' and it works perfect.  I am currently working to figure out which to teach him next.  He catches on so quickly!

He loves to play in the baby formula.  I suppose its kind of like sand to him.  I have to be very careful to keep it out of his reach and remove it from the bedside table each morning.  If I don't, then we end up with this...



Wy can roll from one side of the house to the other quicker than you can believe.  I'm a little afraid of what life is going to be like when I have two very mobile sons.  It won't be long.  

I'd like to say goodnight, and to the woman that created the baby harnesses...  Thank you, you're a genius.

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun watching little people grow and try to understand the world. I have had several moments with my Logan thinking...what in the world could you have been thinking when you tried that?
    ...but he is a fast learner, so repeat offenses are few and far between (so far)

    ReplyDelete