Saturday, July 16, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

Blogging is my new second favorite thing.  Being a mom is the first of course with couponing coming in close third.  My husband is so supportive of my blog and it makes it all the better for me.  Doesn't every wife want approval and support from her husband?

I'm sure his opinion would change though if he knew that I'd rather be blogging instead of fixing his dinner.

My dream for this blog is to be in the top 10 on the baby blog list for people to enjoy the stories I post about my boys as much as I enjoy experiencing it.  And to be able to help someone.  Maybe there is someone out there somewhere that can take my experience, whether good or bad, and learn from it in some way. 

Maybe it's you?

My theme song this week is 'This is the Stuff' by Francesca Battistelli.  Seems like everything and anything is getting under my skin.  I even had to walk away from Ryder yesterday to keep from getting after him.  I suppose that makes me human, but you can imagine the guilt I have for reacting so negatively towards such a sweet little boy. 

Ryder has mastered the sign for 'again' which we use for the word more and now we are moving on to 'all done'.  After that I believe we will do the sign for please.  I'm loving how easy this is to teach him, and how very quickly he picks it up and uses it.  So far he is only using the sign for more when I ask if he wants more, but I know eventually it will be a natural way for him to ask for more of something.  It makes his lack of speech very manageable and a lot less urgent.

Wy has learned to roll.  From one side of the house to the other.  In circles.  Off the bed.  Well not off the bed yet but we are working very hard to avoid an accident like that.  He's growing so quickly.  I look at baby Anna and think about how she's just a baby, and then I realize that it seems like Wy was just a baby less than five months ago. 

My goal for the week, starting Monday (because I have to work today and tomorrow) is to replace at least one meal a day for Ryder with something either organic, or healthier for him than what he has been eating.  I've worked hard to replace most of his snacks with organic.  I've been tired and busy recently though, so meals consist of anything that I can get him to eat.  I've been inspired by Jess at 'IROCKSOWHAT' and her mini pizzas.  What a great idea.  I can admit that I've done this before, but never to the extent of making it that healthy.  I'll keep you updated on my meal choices.

Photobucket

Coupon shopping tonight after work.  I've been waiting all week to go because I get paid today and my good coupons expire tomorrow. The only bad thing about going this late in the week is that I'm not the only couponer.  As I stroll down the isles with my shopping cart and coupon binder laid neatly out in front of me, I pass other people with identical shopping carts and identical coupon binders, theirs laid neatly out as well. 

Competition.

Hopefully the good deals are still there.  Including my free yogurt, Silk Almond Milk for $.39 a carton, and $.99 cent packs of bar soap.  If I'm lucky and plan well I will come home with quite a bit of stuff for around 30-40 dollars.  Not quite "The Krazy Coupon Lady" but not bad if you ask me. 

Farmer Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment