Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dead animal? Last months dinner.

When I was young I remember playing a memory game that always kept me entertained in the car going someplace.  It went something like "Today I went to the grocery store and bought an... Apple" and then the next person said "Today I went to the grocery store and bought an apple and a... Bagel."  And so on.  Each person would have to remember all of the items from the alphabet and also say an item that starts with the next letter.  It's a good memory for me.

Well... today I went to the grocery store and saved a TON of money. 



Less that $60.00 was spent on everything in that picture.  Maybe not as extreme as it could have been, but I'm pretty proud of myself.  I had a total savings of $176.24. 

I want to tell the world.  Scream it from the rooftops. "YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH!"

I'm addicted.

It's funny though.  A lot of people look at you when you're walking through the store with a HUGE bright pink binder full of coupons in front of you, an envelope full in one hand, android phone with calculator pulled up in the other and somehow pushing the cart while scanning the shelves for your next great deal. 

Shopping before I never remember seeing people do that.  In fact, the first time I ever saw someone with a coupon binder was the day I tried mine out for the first time.  It makes me wonder how long this will be popular. 

Saving this kind of money, it may be for awhile. 

I miss my boys.  Trevor is back from his weekend with his mom, but I've worked all weekend so my time spent with Ryder was while he was cuddled in my arms sleeping last night.  It's not going to get any better either.  I'm back to work for the next month. 

Not really work, but closing up our cell phone store.  It was a great idea, would have been really good for us if the woman that sold it to us hadn't lied about what she was selling.  What has the world come to that someone would lie to place their bad situation on someone else just so they can run the other way.  Where has the honesty gone?

Going out of business sale.

Jealousy is a sad and dangerous emotion.  It's defiantly not something that should be in a christian based family.  But we are all human.  And I cannot control the fact that I'm extremely jealous that my husband is sitting at home right now cuddling a sleep warmed half awake drowsy eyed little boy.  While I am here... working.

I miss the life of the stay-at-home mom.  Soon it will be time to put 'business woman' me back into the closet and set out for doing dishes, changing stinky diapers, and trying to figure out if the item I found in the toy box is a dead animal, or a piece of last months dinner. Oh, the good ole' days. 

              Two months ago                                                                   Today
               Two months ago                                                                    Today            


Unbelievable

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment