Saturday, April 9, 2011

Momma of 2 = Coffee Addiction

I'm starting to catch myself saying the things that my mother said to me when I was young.  I never thought the phrase "because I said so" would ever come out of my mouth.  Does this mean that we are all destined to be just like our parents? 

Not that that's a bad thing.  (Hi Mom!) 

I remember though, when I was young, not understanding why she would say some of those things.  Now I realize, "because I said so" is just an easier thing to say than having to explain that we as parents are just trying to do our best to help them grow up as safe and as good of a person as possible. 

W's diapers stink so bad.  Ever since we switched formula, he is having more frequent stinky diapers, but when I say stinky, I mean STINKY.  R's diapers always smelled like buttered popcorn.  Funny, right? 

I did all of my shopping yesterday.  The toilet paper, paper towel, cat food, groceries, etc.  After unloading the groceries and putting them away, I left the bag of paper products sitting on the floor while I rested a minute.  R got into the bag, pulled out all four rolls of paper towel and put them into the trash can.  Isn't he wonderful? 


R is still sick.  No more fevers, instead he has snot dripping down his face like a faucet that I can't turn off.  I chase him around the house all day long wiping his nose.  Despite that, I somehow still have snot all over my clothes from his climbing on me.  The joys of being momma.

Baby Fat Diet Status: Fail.

I'm excited about warm weather coming.  When we moved in here I pictured the boys playing in the yard.  I had big plans for a fenced in yard, large swing set, and a picnic table.  The money ran out before my ideas did, so I have to settle with a blank canvas for now. 

I can't wait to get R outside this year and let him play in the grass.  He's finally old enough to enjoy it.  Although, without the fence, I have a feeling there will be a lot of corralling.





This is a picture of T, and R when he was a few months old.  One of my favorites.
Life lesson for today:  Eating cake will not help you lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment