Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cheerios and Popsicles

I don't think there has been a day when I don't have a trail of cheerios through my house.  Of course I could restrict R to only eating in his high chair, but then he would ALWAYS be there.  It wouldn't be so bad if my carpet weren't the exact same color.  Crunch Crunch when I walk as the cheerios get ground in, and the ones that don't grind, stick to the bottom of my feet. 


R is sick, and has been sick for days.  It would be easier if it were a runny nose, or cough, but no... instead its fevers and crankiness with no real obvious cause to be known.  So the poor boy walks around crying all day and clinging to me or dear husband.  The only peace I have between his clinging, crying and W, who relys on me for everything, is giving the boy a popsicle.  That pleasant two minutes that it takes him to suck down the mini popsicles I got is like eating the best chocolate in the world, or getting a full uninterupted night of sleep. 


Today was supposed to be the re-start of my baby fat diet.  I was doing really well and then gave myself a break for dear husband's birthday.  Today I told myself that I would get back to eating healthy and smaller portions.  Then for lunch I had a Special K Protein Shake and used a fork to take large bites from the cake that is sitting on my counter.  So much for re-start. 


Thanks to Aunt Jane and Uncle Bear for the beautiful sweaters for the boys.


Life lesson for today: A push up bra and Cheerios are a mother's best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment