Monday, December 5, 2011

Tonight's Dinner on a Budget


Yum!

Tonight's dinner was a last minute thing due to the fact that I've been gone all day and have yet to meal plan for the week.  

Ingredients:
1 package Private Selection Organic Broccoli and Carrots ($0.55 on manager special)
1/2 Package chopped fresh mushrooms ($0.35 on manager special)
8-10 Tyson chicken breast strips (chopped optional) (the whole package cost $5.99)
1/2 box pasta ($0.49 on manager special)
1 Can Campbells Cheddar Cheese soup ($0.30 with coupon)
1 Cup Milk
Shredded Sharp Cheddar and Parmesean cheese (optional)

Boil Chicken for 1 hour until tender (I added garlic cloves to the water for flavor), then place in frying pan with veggies.  (I put a small amount of butter in the pan as well)  Cook on medium heat covered, stirring occasionally.  
Cook pasta.
When veggies are cooked and chicken is brown add soup, milk, and optional cheese topping.
Add noodles, stir and serve.

This whole dish was enough to feed our family of 5 easily and cost me much less than  $5.00.


1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! i just found your blog & I'm so glad I did, your boys are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete