Thursday, June 23, 2011

So much to say this week. Not sure where to start, but forgive me and skip to the end if you get bored.

First of all, I got a surprise in my mailbox this week.



I suppose it's my fault for buying the cheap plastic mailbox when I moved into the country. 

Lesson learned.

To the person who lit the glittering fountain in my mailbox:

One day, when you are grown, and mature (hopefully), I pray that a child just like you comes and puts a glittering fountain in your mailbox leaving it burnt and scarred, just like mine. 
Until then, enjoy yourself and watch that you don't lose your hand.

I took Trevor to the circus a few days ago.  Shane was supposed to take him, but he has injured his back pretty bad and wasn't up to the hard narrow splintered seats.  Don't tell, but secretly I was thrilled that I was the one that had to take Trevor.  I get excited like a schoolgirl over the idea of lions, elephants, clowns, and sequins. 

It was small, perfect for a small town, but entertaining and well done.  Trevor loved it, but I missed most of it messing with the settings on my camera trying to make the perfect shots.  It was frustrating, but worth it. 

Trevor rode the elephant.  Being scared of most everything I wasn't sure he would do it.  He marched up there with the biggest grin on his face, let the gentleman lift him onto the front seat on the elephant, and then the fear set into his eyes.



I could hear him saying "Get me down, I don't want to do this.  I'm scared."  With encouragement from me, and a quick prayer that they would hurry up and get the gentle giant moving, he rode like a champ.  After dismounting the beast, leaving the stairway he stated "That was so much fun!" 

Mission accomplished. 

He now tells everything that he was never afraid and it was something that he will remember for a long time.  When did he get so big?

I finally talked Becca into letting me help her organize her baby clothes.  Having babies is the best thing I've ever done, but it's also work.  The easier you can make your life, the more time you have to enjoy the small things.  Like the way her little toes will curl in when she sleeps.  Having clothes organized makes it so you won't have to take that extra half hour to pull out the next size up from a jungle of baby clothes.  Not to mention finding the matching pants or diaper cover. 



Ryder has been sleeping in bed with me recently.  The logical part of me screams bad idea.  The mom in me loves the way he cuddles into me in his sleep.  He's so needy recently.  He gets upset at the smallest things and wants to be held or cuddled.  I'm loving the cuddles, but hating that he's always upset.  What can I do to help?


The woman from Early On comes back tuesday.  I'm thrilled.  I pray that she has genius ways to help my little boy communicate.  I'm running out of ideas.

Wyatt is four months old.  I always remember back the Ryder's milestones when Wyatt hits them.  It seems like Wyatt is ahead of him at most things.   Ryder will be the bookworm and Wyatt will be the football star. 

The doctor says I can start cereal with him anytime now.  Ryder wasn't interested in it until around 7 months.  I just don't feel like a four month old baby would have much interest in a spoon full of mush anyway.  So we wait.  I'm in no rush to push him to get older anyway. 

Shane's new toys, that's a phrase I use a lot.  Four-wheelers this time.  I'm sure he will have a great time riding with our boys.  So I'm glad, glad that our boys will have that kind of experience.  Glad that I'm able to provide that kind of fun for them.  Things that I wasn't able to have, but would have loved when I was growing up.  Glad that they can be boys... including the silly accidents, broken arms and bloody noses that I'm sure will come with being boys.  Glad for the chance for them to wrench on something with their dad, glad for more time spent in the garage.  Glad for my husband, and the way he loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment