Friday, May 27, 2011

I almost lost my little boy tonight.

And although that might sound a bit dramatic, it's the exact thing that keeps scrolling through my brain.  Like one of those LED signs in the party store windows that you read and re-read even though its scrolling the same message over and over.

Trevor is over this weekend.  Ryder is especially cranky due to 5 teeth coming in at once and I am a bit edgy due to being female.  I sent Trevor into his room with Ryder with the instructions to 'play with your brother'. 

There was a loud crash in Trevor's room and my heart jumped.  I was up out of my seat and into his room quicker than I've ever moved.  Shane was right behind me. 

When we got in there, the desk that was holding Trevor's television had fallen on top of Ryder, and the television dangled inches over his head, being held only by the top of the desk, and the edge of the end of Trevor's bed. 

I yelled to Shane 'grab it grab it!'.  He immediatly had hold of both the desk and the television while I yanked Ryder out of harms way as quickly as my body allowed. 

I've never been so scared.  Even now, a half hour after, I'm shaking like I have a caffene overdose and fighting the tears that want to pour onto my cheeks.  My little man is running around, cranky, but alive, and playing. 

I've never thanked God more.

No comments:

Post a Comment