Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day at the Beach

First of all, my blog has went nuts.  I was trying to redesign and now it won't let me get creative at all... a little frustrating.  So for now, white is what you get, hopefully it won't distract you from the wonderful words that I spread over it. 

We took Ryder to the beach today.  The weather has been amazing, hot, but so nice to have the sunshine and heat.  He's never been to the beach, and with poor planning, it turned out that we got there right at nap time.  He was cranky, and the water was cold yet, so there was no getting that little man to play in it.  Poor beach choice made for no sand (bad momma) for him to play in.

It's been years since I have had any sort of female companionship.  I've spent most of my relationship with Shane right by his side 24/7.  In other relationships that could be a bad thing, but it has always worked for us.  He is my best friend, my husband, and the father of my children.  Now though, with him gone a lot, it is so nice to have a female around. 


Ryder started saying Momma.  I'm so thrilled.  It seems like I've waited forever to hear that come out of his mouth.  Although, now that's all he says, I still love it.  He has also started kissing with a pucker.  Both of those things are on the list of "behinds" that he has. 

I got the paperwork back from the Early On program today.  It explains specifics on where he is behind and what percentage behind he is in that area.  It's as long as a book.  I have to find a minute (like right now) to sit down and read it. 

Wyatt boy has decided that he will no longer sleep on his back.  Which might be a good thing considering he has this nice little cone head thing going.  He will just lie there and scream and scream though because he wants to be on his stomach, but he can't eat on his stomach, but he refuses to be on his back.  It's a giant circle where no one wins until he screams himself too tired to care anymore.  And by then, we are both tired. 



He's getting so big.  Starting to laugh, smile at everything, and talk to himself.  He rolls over as soon as you lay him down.  At only three months, he's doing that a month earlier than Ryder did.   

My boys are amazing.

Life Lesson for today:  Schedule around nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment