Thursday, February 15, 2018

New Starts

It's always a good time for a new start, right?

You don't need some life changing event or earth shattering news to decide that maybe something isn't quite right on the life track you're on... 

Today was that day.  I've been on this journey for so long with the boys all alone.  Making the best decisions that I could to make sure they thrive.  Sometimes its so lonely.  Sometimes I have no idea if I'm doing the right thing or not.  But I always push forward and keep fighting. 

That's life with a special needs child.  Any child really, but especially a special needs child.  It seems like just when you think you're finished with one fight you turn around and find another. 

So today we make a change.  Today I've let go of some of the control I thought I needed and am reaching out for help in other places. 

Sometimes the path you're on that you feel is right actually isn't the best way.  Sometimes it takes a little bit of a push, even if it hurts, to lead you to the better path.  The right path.  At least the right path for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment