Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pyloric Stenosis


Starting Saturday afternoon Sawyer has been projectile vomiting after almost every meal.  Everything will be fine, he will be sleeping peacefully or laying there looking around and suddenly his last meal will come spewing out his mouth and nose with a force that sends it flying all over him and everything around him.  This continued throughout the weekend and into Monday accompanied by whining when he eats.  I made a pediatrician appointment first thing Monday morning.  My much trusted pediatrician said that all signs lead to a disorder called Pyloric Stenosis (click here to learn more).  He went in for an ultrasound and upper GI tests today and I was told by the radiologist that it doesn't look like pyloric stenosis, and that the pediatrician will get back with me as soon as he gets the results.  I'm thrilled!  No surgery for my little man.  

It's a very scary way to celebrate the fact that hes been in this world for exactly two weeks today.  We are now waiting to hear from the pediatrician to know where to go from here.  

Prayers for Sawyer's tummy trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment