Monday, January 21, 2013

First day of "school"

Ryder started speech sessions last friday.  He goes to the local elementary school and meets with a woman who helps him with his annunciation.  Although the child loves to talk, and can communicate very well, he still has some trouble with how the words come out.  When he pulled up, he says "Momma, this my school."  I was slightly shocked.  Then I walk him in and leave him with Miss Dionne to go to "school" and he has no problem walking away holding her hand waving behind him and saying "Buh-Bye Momma,  Buh-Bye".

(This is where Wyatt and I wait in the parking lot for the next half hour.)

And out walks Ryder, holding Miss Dionne's hand with his "homework" in his other hand.  I had to do a double take.   --Is that really my child?--  When did he get so big?  And who would have thought that seeing him walk out of a school for the first time by himself would pull on my mom strings so much?  (or possible pregnancy hormones, hard to tell anymore.)

She explained to me what they had worked on and had Ryder show me how he now pronounces the "B" sound better than he ever has before because hes actually putting effort into it, and we return home.

I'm so proud of him.  This mother stuff, with all of its crazy and exhausting moments, is also the most rewarding and wonderful thing I've ever done.


No comments:

Post a Comment